Friday, January 30, 2009
We are in California
So Monday morning when Dan left for Mexico for 2 weeks, I got a wild hair and decided to take the boys to California. We decided at about 5:30 that evening, and by 6:45 I had packed and gotten the boys ready and we were off!!!! It was a quick drive to Elko Nevada, where we stayed the night--it was a wee bit INSANE trying to do it all on my own but we made it safe and sound!!! Just a few glitches-- What do you expect when driving with 5 small boys!!! When we got here I guess we brought the flu with us--all of the boys have been barfing--- and we have even given it to my mom---what a great birthday present---Her birthday is Monday!!! One of the reasons we decided to come!! At least the weather is divine -- The boys are now feeling better that goodness---we should have fun these last few days of our trip!! I'll post pictures when I get home!!! The adventure will continue with a LONG drive home!!! Really what was I thinking?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You are amazing! I would never drive to California by myself, little lone with 5 small boys. I hope that you all are feeling better and enjoy the rest of your trip.
O my gosh you are INSANE! I was just telling my Mom, I would never never never do that. I won't even drive to St. George by myself. I couldn't imagine that drive to California, I really couldn't. I am glad you will be with your Mom on her Birthday! Today is my Mom's Birthday and we are having so much fun. Tomorrow we are going to go to the Outlets with no kids, yeah! Well have a safe drive home and call me when everyone's free and clear of that flu.
I can't believe you did it!! You are amazing!! That is it-- I am driving my kids to Mesa. I only have 3-- you did it with 5. You are a little insane. (but I would have done the same thing.) I need the sun! We missed Cody at the party, we'll catch him next time. Enjoy the sun.
W O W!!! You are one AMAZING woman! There is no way I would be able to pull that off. Just goes to show that the Lord knew that you could handle the challenge of all those boys!
Good for you! I've been putting off a 6 hour drive with one, but after seeing what you are doing I think I can handle it :o). I hope that everyone feels better before your drive back, or even sooner so you all can enjoy the trip!
Ha! I love those wild hairs! Guess nothing stops you when they spontaneously grow... not even 5 sick boys! Glad you're getting a break and some help in California! so
Hey steph...you are nuts! Hope you're having a blast with your Mom. Tell her happy birthday! Do you think you'll be coming up for the shower this weekend? Hope to see you soon! Give the kids hugs and kisses!!!
Hey there! First of all - wow, you're one brave gal. Second, I'm so glad you found me on here! Good luck on the trip home!
Sunny
Pictures? I KNEW you were a She-warrior. LOVE YOU
Post a Comment