Sunday, September 14, 2008

On September 9th Dan & I celebrated 8 years of marriage. It truly is amazing how quickly the time passes.  Looking at these pictures brings back a flood of memories and it just seems like yesterday we got married...but 8 years later, 5 sons later, that keep us busier than you can imagine our relationship is stronger than ever.  We truly have been so blessed.  Dan also did an amazing thing for our Anniversary.  I was in total shock.  Usually somehow I figure out or find out what his plans are, but this year he kept the biggest secret of all, and boy was I ever surprised.  In March Dan had written a letter to Orpah, telling her about our situation with our 5 boys and how he felt that I needed a space for myself, a sanctuary so to speak.  Well the morning of our anniversary I awoke to the biggest shock.  He got an answer to his letter and we had our master bedroom made over.  It was an amazing day, I'm smiling right now just talking about it.  There are MANY details but to say the least he sure did surprise me and Oprah made me the most beautiful "sanctuary" ever.  It truly is a place that I can go and relax and feel at peace even if it is only for a moment!  I LOVE YOU DAN.  


Moving bedroom furniture into our house.
The many people who helped make my bedroom beautiful.
Ladies from Lowes helping hold Kyle & Jack

Me and the designer Thom Filicia!!!  He's AMAZING
a glimpse of my BEAUTIFUL room!!!!! I believe the show will be aired on Monday September 22nd.  You better all watch Oprah that day : )

18 comments:

The Prices said...

That is sooooo exciting!! I am going to have to record it! Congratulations on your anniversary and the new bedroom!

Aimee said...

Stephanie I love it! How wonderful to have a little retreat place in your home that you can enjoy:) I am so so happy for you! Oh and Happy Anniversary sounds like you have a pretty great hubby:)

Hawkins Family said...

Wow! That is SO cool. What a great surprise, I can't wait to watch.

kbarlow said...

that's so awesome! what a beautiful sanctuary!

Parkers said...

Dan- Dan- Well he is the MAN. It is beautiful. Next time Oprah comes to town you send them down the hill to your cousins house so we can get a little work done. Congrats.

Kristin Moore said...

I am still in awe! How exciting for you! I am having my own football party with a bunch of girls to watch your big day...(only it's Oprah instead!)LOL

Sarah said...

That is so cool! I was wondering why you told us to watch Oprah. Very Cool! You got to meet that designer Thom too. What a treat and surprise. You deserve it!

Stephanie said...

What!?? That is seriously so amazing!!! What a wonderful anniversary present. I can't wait to watch the show and come see your room.

Clark Fam said...

Hi Stephanie - this is Hillary Clark. I will be watching Oprah! Congrats on a new room! oh, I love the pictures of the boys!

Courageous said...

I am so excited for you. I remember when you mentioned something last winter. I was all for it. What a husband to follow through! You were the talk of the neighborhood that day. Congratulations. You deserve it. I can't wait to come over and see it. By the way, you look stunning in your wedding picture.

KAT said...

Happy Late Anniversary!!!! You do have a great husband to surprise you like that!! You TOTALLY deserved every bit of that Steph..and your room turned out beautiful!! You still amaze me everytime I see you with your 5 boys..you are wonder woman!! I will for sure be watching OPRAH on Sept 22nd...we should ALL watch it together!! Have some treats and hang out!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've been dying to come bug you ever since the army of trucks parked in front of my house. How fun!

Tavia said...

Your room is beautiful...I'm definitely recording it. So, all along you've told me how lucky I am for my romantic husband...glad to know Dan has it in him as well. So happy for you!

Furuya Family said...

That is incredible!!!! Go You and DAN! Happy Anniversary! The pic of your Baby boy sucking his thumb is so prescious!! My youngest is a thumb sucker and I remember how sweet it was when she was that ate... of course now she is 3 1\2 and its not quite as cute, but none the less so sweet. Congratulations

Ashley said...

Stephanie I just watched the show and it was great! I can't even imagine waking up to that. Your room looks fabulous. How sweet of Dan! Congrats on being a big tv star!

G Mathew Bass said...

Steph!

Long time no talk! (Since the mission if I remember). I check the Free Lance everyday and saw the article about you and Dan. Congrats on the new room! Your family is beautiful! Check out my blog when you get a chance: http://www.matelizabethevalina.blogspot.com

Take care,

G Mathew Bass

Linda & Kenny Trionfo said...

Stephanie, its me Linda Nichols! Oh my gosh! What can I do to help, I live in Sandy....you are one busy lady! Call Me I would love to catch up and have you meet my girls and husband!
801-733-4706

Alicia and Daniel said...

Hi Stephanie and Dan,
I am not sure if you remember us but Daniel played with Curtis at BYU. And we both had our twins (your first set lol) at close to the same time. I just wanted to say I tivo'ed your Oprah and today I finally got time to watch it. It just made me cry you have such a great family and hubby! Your sanctuary is beautiful and you so deserve it! I keep saying if I could be guaranteed to have twins again I would do it, they are just the best of friends! You have a few years of crazyness but it will be so fun to have all your boys so close! Any chance of going for a girl? Well I wanted to let you know that you can connect to our blog from Kim's and I just wanted to say you guys are awesome and I pray that you all remain healthy and you are able to wean them easily so that you are not so tied down! (I feed mine til they were almost a year and it was so hard to part) We love you and hope all is well....The Coats Fam...Alicia, Daniel, Tyra, Dante and Dominic!