Well I think it's about time!! One of my favorite shows has started up again for a new season. I LOVE watching "The Biggest Loser". But for me this season is different. I've been inspired, watching last night and seeing these men and women drop upwards of 25 pounds in one week is amazing. (Granted they have a lot to lose so their weekly #'s should be high)

My only problem is JACK!!! My sweet baby who loves his mommy dearly, will NOT take a bottle. Therefore the past 7 months he has been strictly breast fed. (BTW this is their 7 month picture aren't they so cute, Jack is the baby with blue eyes).

Needless to say, I love Jack but I am truly LONGING to have my body back. I know that once I stop nursing I can lose these extra unwanted pounds. In fact I had this same conversation with Dan, and it drew me to tears. They are 2 things I want, continue to nurse Jack and lose about 15 pounds. Unfortunately I can not have both. I hope I am not being a "bad" mom by choosing me over him. We want to take a family picture soon and I sure as $@#*& do not want to be wearing a moomoo, since I fit into NOTHING!! I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I just need to decide when and then follow thru. Dan will be here to help since he'll be in charge of feeding Jack a bottle. I'm going to have to leave the house for the day, so I'm not here to hear him cry and give in. My pediatrician said that hunger will supersede, and that in his 20 years of practicing he's never seen an anorexic 7 month old baby. :) Hopefully within the next week or so Jack will be loving a bottle as much as Kyle does. New body here I come!!! Or should I say old body I'm coming back!
10 comments:
Oh Stephanie..... I feel for you. Lydia didn't care for a bottle either, but that was only after BF one child, you have done it for 5. I think that there is nothing wrong with wanting to wean him at 7 months, and you should absolutely do it if you want to and not feel bad about it one bit. It will be rough for a few days, but then he will move on and be just fine. Good luck!!!
You are too cute!!! My sister and my mom both could NOT loose weight when breast feeding!! It all came off after!!! You are not a bad mom for putting him on formula now...you have to be happy with yourself too!! YOU CAN DO IT STEPH!! I'm sure you'll been in those jeans in NO TIME!!
I don't understand. Can you not exercise while nursing? This is something I need to know.
I love watching the biggest loser. It always gets me excited to lose weight--to bad the motivation never stays!!
Hi Stephanie! I was so touched by your message. That was really sweet. I can't believe you have been breastfeeding for 7 months! You deserve a round of applause! Don't feel bad about your desire to transition - he is plenty old enough. Ain't mama happy, ain't nobody happy, right?
Anyway, your new room looks amazing! What a wonderful husband you have! I can't wait to watch the rest of your story tomorrow!
I am so there with you!! I thought training for a triathlon would make me lose all my baby weight but, nope! I am finally coming to grips with the fact that I will just have to wait until I stop nursing. So, good luck, I would love to hear how it goes for you and if you have any advice please share!!
Oh, and I saw you today on Oprah. Totally cute. I love your room. That had to have been so much fun.
Hi Stephanie--I just came over to say your Oprah show was awesome! (I commented on that post too.) I totally feel your pain on this. I lose my milk the second I start running, but it's the only way for me to feel good about my body again. I figure a happy mom is going to make for a happier baby right? That's what I tell myself, but I still feel torn and guilty. Good luck! Your little guys are adorable. I love seven months! (My baby is the same age.)
Funniest thing happened today...I turned on Oprah. Haven't watched her in over 3 years. I was feeling tired and not wanting to cook dinner...AND THERE YOU WERE!!!! That was so stinkin' cool. How on earth??? Anyway, I loved seeing the great surprise. Brought tears to my eyes!!! Happy anniversary. And yes...beaUUtiful babies! Don't feel too guilty about the bottle thing. You are blessed to have been able to feed him that long! My body is my sanity or I should say, working out is my sanity right now. I'm a gym junkie but it keeps me a happy mommy! Keep us posted on your great LOSS!!
i just heard about your oprah thing. congratulations!!! i didn't get to see the show because i had no idea you were going to be on...dang! the room looks so pretty and i bet you love it.
Steph, I joined Weight Watchers before Jaxon was 6 months old. You get extra points if you breastfeed! I didn't starve and I lost the weight. It IS possible.
Post a Comment