Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sharing the Gospel!

What an amazing experience we've had over the past few months.  In October Dan was at Wells Fargo doing a bit of banking and business.  There at the bank was this family--They are from Mexico and had only been in Utah since the beginning of August.  Well I believe that timing is everything!!  We befriended this family and in November our friendship turned into a missionary experience.  I being the one to really communicate with them because of my spanish--decided to ask them to come to church with us one Sunday--and 3 months later they asked Dan to baptize them.  
Dan, Juan Carlos, Mary, Carla, Cristian, Me, Luke, Steven and Cody.  It was such a great experience for my boys too.  They loved seeing their dad baptizing--their excitement was overwhelming!
Such a sweet family!!!  And we are blessed to have met them!

11 comments:

The Prices said...

WOW!! THat is awesome! I am so proud of you guys. YOu are very good examples to your children and to me!!

Clark Fam said...

What an awesome experience!! I love that the gospel touches people in a way that it can make you become friends in such a short time. Way to go!

Megann said...

How incredible!!! I love watching people's lives change for the better and what a wonderful experience for your family to be a part of that! I love the gospel!

Reid Family said...

You and your husband are so amazing and such great examples to all those around you. We need to lunch soon.

The Pearson's said...

I'm speechless!!!!! All I can say is WOW! You guys are amazing to be the people that you are and have the crazy life that you do and to still find missionary work! How neat! Seriously! That is the coolest thing... lol.. I'm in Awe! WHat a lucky family to have come across you guys and how lucky for you to have that experience as a family to convert a family and to show your boys that! Count more blessing to come to your home as a constant reward from our Heavenly father!;)

Love ya!
Lier

renee' said...

I love stories like this, ones with happy endings and where good things happen for good people. That is so neat that you were the instruments that brought the gospel to these people. Their lives will forever be changed!

Meaja said...

Buen hecho amigos! Buen hecho! :)

Brenna LaPray said...

What an amazing experience. Where did you learn to speak spanish? Did you serve a mission?
Yes, Mexico was wonderful!It was great to spend that time with Luke. I cried for two days prior to leaving. I did not want to leave my kids but they did great!

Anonymous said...

THAT IS FANTASTIC! What a great experience! SO cool! I'm so proud of you guys!

Ruth said...

That is awesome Stephanie. Bjorn and Katie had a similar experience with their neighbors with mom and two sons being baptized. Keep it up.

Lainie said...

OH! That gives me chills. What a fantastic experience. Kinda makes you miss the mission, right? Waytigo!!! Thanks for sharing!