
Well this afternoon, Cody, Steven and Luke were downstairs playing in the playroom. About 5 minutes later Steven came back upstairs. And being twins Luke wanted to follow, but that would leave Cody downstairs by himself, and he hates being left alone, and within a minute or so Luke was crying and then he was screaming. I just sat there and listened. A couple of minutes later Cody came up and quite mad, Luke followed with tears streaming down his face and snot running down his nose from crying so hard. I asked Cody "What happened" He answered "I don't know" I asked "What did you do" He said " I don't remember", I then said, "If you tell me the truth you won't get into trouble, but if you lie then you'll be in trouble." He sat there for a few seconds and said..."Well I did a lot of things, I scratched him, I yelled, actually I yelled a lot, I pushed him, but just a little, I blocked the door with my arms so he couldn't leave the playroom, and I told him if he left me I would never play with him again." I sat there and wanted to laugh so bad, and as he was telling me what he had done it took everything not to smile. After he was finished confessing, I told him, "Cody, thank you so much for telling me the truth, but you do have to tell Luke your sorry and give him a love". It was a good learning experience for him and for me. We both needed to know that honestly is the best policy, and that "time-out" is not always necessary.
7 comments:
I am laughing so hard right now! That is the funniest thing...I love it when the truth comes "spilling" out of a child. I'm sure it was pretty tough for you to keep a straight face!!
That is the cutest story! I can just picture him now telling you all the things he did wrong! There would be no way I could keep a straight face! :)
That totally made me laugh. I loved the orginal confession of " I don't remember" to the 6 things that he did to his brother in perfect detail. What a riot. Thanks for sharing!
How cute! That sounds just like Cody :)
This was adorable! You're a great example. I'm sure it's hard to keep a straight face. I love the innocent of little children.
That's so awesome he told you the truth! And the whole truth, too. LOL
Too funny!
Post a Comment