Wednesday, November 17, 2010

**BAKING**

Today is all about HOMEMADE bread!!!
Doesn't just the thought of it smell good!!!

I make a load of bread everyday!
I have a little bit of help--
it's called a bread maker.
This is what I do--
and it is easy and FOOL PROOF!!!

Get a bread maker
set it on the DOUGH setting
Pour all the ingredients in-
Press start and let the bread maker do the work!

One hour and 30 minutes later ready!!!
Now this is where I come into play!
Roll the dough into a rectangle about 5 x 12
and using a pizza cutter, cut into 3 equal parts.
Braid!
Bake for 23 minutes and PRESTO!!!
A beautiful and very delicious loaf of homemade bread!!
(now wasn't that easy!!!)


RECIPE:
2 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
2 TBLSP butter
2 TBLSP sugar
1 1/4 cup warm milk
(I put in microwave for 1 minute)
3 cups flour
(you can sub 1/2 white and 1/2 wheat flour)
1 egg

Let bread maker do the work

When done roll into rectangle 5 x 12
cut into 3 equal parts and braid
Bake at 350 for 23 minutes!!

ENJOY!

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Thanks for posting the recipe for your yummy bread! I LOVE it!! I am going to try and make it:)

Sol said...

I wonder if recipe would be same without a breadmaker. It looks beautiful and delicious...again, why are we not neighbors? We could eat your awesome creations and then play volleyball :)

fifi said...

did you let it rise again after you made the braid.and what temp in the oven did you do

kenders said...

This was amazing!! I seriously got a dance and cheer from my kids! It was so fun. I'm really NOT a baker, so I loved the easiness of this recipe! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

How do u use the dough for cin. rolls again? :)