Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How am I doing??

Well this morning when I got home from a run. I began to reflect on goals. Then I thought about the New Year's Resolutions I made in January. I thought, "How am I doing?" "Am I doing what I wanted to do? " Were they just "things" I wrote down and now mean NOTHING like they usually do? Has life just passed me by these 7 months???? So here are my RESOLUTIONS!!! and UPDATES!!!

1. Read the Book of Mormon by April 12, 2009 (Easter Sunday)
--did not do this one!!! It was moved to Dec, 31st
2. Attend the temple twice a month
--Do pretty good with this one. Sometimes it's twice and sometimes it's once
3. Continue having Monday night FHE
--Perfect in this!!
4. Be PERFECT in my Visiting Teaching
--Perfect in this!!
5. Help Dan be PERFECT in his Home Teaching
--Trying with this one-- I remind him, but the DOING is up to him! So I guess I'm doing my part.
6. Blog more often (journal entries)
--Really trying to do this and do feel successful
7. Read books daily with Cody, Steven and Luke 11:00-11:30 am
--It has not been daily and not at the same time but we do read just about every other day--feel successful : )
8. Get into shape: motto "2009 my body will be FINE" : )
a. fit into a size 6/8
---Still working on it!!! : )
b. be able to run 3 miles (this may not seem like much to some of you--for me it'll be a miracle)
---Can RUN a mile and a half!! 1/2 way there!!! Yeah
c. look great (according to me) in a bathing suit by summer
--It's summer that's all I'll say about this one!!!
d. lose 15 pounds of fat and turn it into muscle
--Have lost many inches and few pounds have really gained a love of exercise!! Still working on the 15
9. Help Dan hit a 10 Star by December 2009
--Not relevant any more!
10. Eliminate the debt!!! Get rid of Credit Cards
--STILL TRYING!
11. Organize a room in the house a month
--Do this
12. Once the room is clean-keep it that way
--Don't do this!!!
13. Smile more - when mom's happy, everyone's happy
--Make a constant effort to do this!
14. Write a "Thank You" note a week
--Not to consistent with this NEED to do better
a. look for ways people are blessing my life

All in all I guess I'm about 50/50. I really do need to STEP IT UP these next 5 five months!!! Put my nose to the grind stone and complete the list!!!! : )

5 comments:

Reid Family said...

I think you are doing pretty good on your list. Keep it up you are awesome!

Our Family said...

What a great list! I love the reading idea for 30 minutes in the middle of the day. You are such a cute mom!

The Prices said...

I think running 3 miles is a ton. I am in a 12 week training program to run a 4 miler the first week of September. I too am up to 1 1/2 miles and SUPER proud of it. I think it is a great accomplishment.

renee' said...

These are quite a few lofty goals. I think you are doing great! But, serioulsy why do we feel responsible when our husbands do or don't do their hometeaching?

We had so much fun meeting you in person and we all thought you looked GREAT! You are way ahead of me of posting blogs, way to go!

Kat said...

girlfriend I think you're doing great, considering that super huge long list of goals! You need to cut yourself some slack, you are heads and tails above everyone else! You're fab!!