Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Test Your Death by Dessert IQ!

Ok so we all know that I have stopped nursing and I'm really trying hard to drop a few of the baby pounds!!!  Well I got an e-mail today from this website that sends out healthy information.  Anyway one of the blurbs from the e-mail was this:  

Test your Death by Dessert IQ!

We all like to splurge on a decadent dessert every now and again.  But do you know how decadent you're actually being?  See if you can guess how many calories are in these restaurant favorites and rank them from lowest to highest.

Apple Pie, Denny's one slice
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard, Dairy Queen (large)
Chocolate Mother Lode Cake, Claim Jumper (1 slice)
Original Cheesecake, The Cheesecake Factory (1 slice)
Tiramisu, Au Bon Pain (1 slice)


Well just so you know Dan (hubby) got them all right in order.  He did not get the caloric value right.  But way to go Dan!!! On the other hand--I did not get them right.  

I'll tell you what this list of desserts did open my eyes a bit--now I'll be less apt to order dessert when eating out!  Or at least share my dessert instead of eating it all myself!

How about you?? Did you get the desserts in order???  Let me know!

12 comments:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

We saw you guys on the Oprah Show...wow, your new bedroom is awesome! I'm sure you're loving it! It was fun seeing you guys and all the adorable little munchkins in your household.

Love Mindy Adams

Tavia said...

I got most of them in order, I wasn't sure how big the Tiramasu was, so I put it after the apple pie. I was close! So when the drug reps bring me half of a "great wall of chocolate", from P.F. Chang's, do you think that compares? LOL

Spencer and Kealia said...

so was reading on MSN the other day about dangerous breakfasts... the Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll
has 813 calories! McDonald’s Deluxe Breakfast has 1,360 calories! guess i'll eat celery all day =-(

The Dabo's said...

Sick, I am glad we are not a dessert craved family or I would be huge!

Stephanie said...

I got the last two right. I thought the cheesecake would have the most. Do you think this info is going to stop a pregnant woman from eating dessert though?

Stephanie said...

As I was reading your profile on the side of your blog it didn't say, " I love to play volleyball at the beach." :)

The Barado Family said...

Hi Stephanie,
I found your blog on your facebook. Here is mine.
http://thebaradofamily.blogspot.com/
Take care
Jill

Ruth said...

I figured the mother lode would be the worst for calories, but I was amazed at the content. Yikes. Glad that I rarely order dessert. I try to eat it at different times than late a night. Take too long to work it off.

Babs said...

That made me glad I don't like any of those desserts!

By the way, you've been tagged on my blog! :)

Megann said...

Ugh, why can't they come up with fat free desserts, but all the taste and flavor?! Seriously....

DeDe said...

I love your Blog! I've been a bad friend and haven't kept in touch very well. I hope you're doing well and that we can keep in better touch! :-)

Babs said...

I miss your blog! Please post soon--I want to see some pictures from Mexico. Also, we're dying to hang out with you again. Would you guys be up for coming over for a pizza night? Let me know when you're free!